The National Hispanic Corporate Council (NHCC), the premiere resource for corporate America on maximizing the Hispanic market opportunity, held its 2017 Annual Summit on April 4 –6, 2017 at the Ritz Carlton in Downtown Atlanta.
The 2017 NHCC Annual Summit titled "Driving Organizations Forward: Real Conversations on D&I as the Engine behind Innovation" was an important gathering of our organization’s Fortune 1000 corporate members aims to highlight the latest corporate best practices in human resources, supplier diversity, marketing, community relations, and executive leadership within the Hispanic, diversity and inclusion space. Subject-matter experts (SMEs) and summit attendees shared insights centered on why and how companies that strongly champions diversity and inclusion initiatives help to better position their respective companies to compete in the U.S. Hispanic consumer market.
The summit featured speakers, subject-matter experts, and corporate representatives from Fortune 1000 companies for the “marketplace” and “workplace” tracks:
- "Diversity & Innovation"
- Gloria Goins, Chief Diversity Officer, Bon Secours Health System
- "Unconscious Bias as the Barrier to True Innovation"
- Lissah Hundley, Vice President, Workforce Diversity & Inclusion & University Relations, Comcast
- "Leading with Cultural Intelligence to Deliver Better Business Results"
- Gerry Fernandez, President, Multicultural Food Service & Hospitality Alliance (MFHA)
- "Why does Culture Matter? The Role of Culture in Winning with U.S. Hispanic and other Diverse Consumer Segments"
- David Wellich, Co-founder & CEO, Latinum Group
- "Innovative Leadership Development Tool"
- Judith H. Katz, EVP and Client Brand Lead and Frederick A. Miller, Chief Executive Officer, The Kaleel Jamison Consulting Group
- "The Return on Investment of Employee Resource Groups: How Innovative Actions Impact the Bottom Line"
- Roger Guzman, NHCC Board Member & Manager of Global Diversity & Inclusion, TJX Companies (Moderator), Gabriel Vaca, Director of Enterprise Account Sales, UPS & Global Chapter Advisor, Latino BRG, "Crecer", Michael Gonzales, Director, Diversity & Inclusion, Hallmark, Sandi Esquivel, Manager, Operations, Northwestern Mutual & Vice Chair, Hispanic ERG, Matthew Coons, Diversity & Inclusion Specialist, Retail Business Services, An Ahold Delhaize Company
- "Innovative Structure of Employee Network Groups to Maximize Employee Engagement"
- Maruiel Perkins-Chavis, NHCC Board Member & Vice President, Workforce Engagement & Global Diversity, Marriott International (Moderator), Adilka Indhira White, North America Distribution Implementations UPS &Chair , Corporate Latino BRG "Crecer", Carlos Santiago, Global Lead Engineering Infrastructure, GSK & ERG Lead, Conexion Latina, Jenna Boyer, Manager, Global Employer Brand + Communications, Marriott, International, Jesus Jose Villa, Lead Employee Relations Consultant and the EEO Officer, Northwestern Mutual
- "Supplier Diversity as a Strategic Game Changer – Impacting Business Imperatives and Innovation through Supplier Diversity"
- Tarun Puri, Director, Procurement Advisory, The Hackett Group
- Supplier Diversity Panel
- Brian Hall, NHCC Board Member & Manager, Supplier Diversity & Outreach, Shell (Moderator), Kimberly Coffman, Manager, Supplier Diversity, Delta Air Lines, Dominica Groom, Senior Director, Global Sustainability & Supplier Diversity, Marriott International, Ajamu Johnson, Executive Director, Strategic Procurement, Comcast, Vanessa Lane, Manager, Supplier Diversity Programs, Cox Enterprises and Chair, GA Minority Supplier Development Council (GAMSDC)
- "A Conversation on Latino Civic Engagement: The Era of Silence Has Passed"
- Abigail Golden-Vazquez, Executive Director, Latinos and Society Program, The Aspen Institute, Rocky Egusquiza, Vice President, Community Affairs, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises, Ron Estrada, Vice President, National Community Empowerment, Univision Communications, Inc., and Lonnie Smith, Enterprise Community Development Manager, State Farm®
- "Coca-Cola's Tattoo Can & Hispanic Market Campaign"
- Sarah Marske, Manager, Commercial & Constituents | Multicultural Marketing Center of Excellence, The Coca-Cola Company
Our diamond sponsor, BB&T, graciously supported this event along with platinum sponsor, Marriott International. Gold, silver, and bronze sponsors featured Cox Enterprises, GSK, Comcast NBCUniveral Telemundo, Shell, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, UPS, The Coca-Cola Company, AARP, The Home Depot, and Williams.
Participation from NHCC membership included: American Red Cross, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store®, COUNTRY Financial, Darden, Delhaize America, Hallmark, InterContinental Hotels Group, PR Newswire, Northwestern Mutual, Southern Methodist University, State Farm®, The Boeing Company, The TJX Companies, Univision Communications, and Wells Fargo. Additional attendees represented other Fortune 1000 companies: MGM Resorts, Delta Air Lines, Sun Trust, AT&T, Choice Hotels, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, and J.B Hunt.
Learn more about the event via: http://nhcchq.org/past-events/2017-annual-summit-recap/
NHCC brings together leading Fortune 1000 companies who strongly support our mission to “provides our members access to a collaborative community that shares resources, knowledge, best practices, and innovative solutions to grow talent, customers, and suppliers."
Since 1985, NHCC provides tremendous value proposition to its corporate members by effectively maximizing the diversity of the Hispanic market opportunity through human resources, marketing, supplier diversity, and community relations within the foundation of corporate social responsibility. Given the sheer market size, growing clout and purchasing power of an estimated $1.7 trillion dollars by 2017, Fortune 1000 companies find great value in their NHCC corporate membership. I would like to invite you to visit our website at www.nhcchq.org.