Inclusiveness & Diversity Senior Program Manager at Herman Miller
Zeeland, MI | posted: January 28, 2019
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an Inclusiveness & Diversity Senior Program Manager at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As an Inclusiveness & Diversity Senior Program Manager, you'll be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing a broad range of initiatives and programs in support of the corporate Inclusiveness & Diversity (I&D) strategy. You will act as a strategic consultant for the Herman Miller family of brands to influence, advocate for, and enhance a diverse and inclusive culture which meets our I&D goals.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Act as a collaborative thought partner with I&D team members and partner I&D resources on vision and strategy to identify and make recommendations to enhance I&D efforts.
- Build relevant metrics and provide measurements and reporting to the Leadership Team and key stakeholders and communicate progress internally and externally.
- Collaborate with business partners (including Sustainability, Community, Health and Wellness, and Herman Miller Cares) to execute a social impact agenda. You'll also partner with HR business partners (including Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, and People Services Consulting) and various corporate leaders to develop and expand early pipeline diverse talent engagement opportunities.
- Contribute to diversity education efforts in collaboration with Talent Management, including the development of training, tools, and resources to continue to develop and enhance inclusive leadership and cross-cultural competency.
- Contribute to the I&D communication and branding strategy.
- Cultivate a collaborative working relationship with HR partners on all efforts related to talent strategies and activities to ensure alignment with Herman Miller’s Talent Management and I&D strategies.
- Engage with external community organizations to promote collaboration, education, and engagement around I&D.
- Formulate and execute innovative diversity strategies and tactics that result in driving action and necessary change across the organization.
- Participate in professional activities to stay current on diversity best practices, trends, learning, and technology.
- Partner with Marketing/Branding to develop inclusiveness awareness tools, processes, and related activities.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve inclusiveness initiatives across the Herman Miller family of brands.
- Promote internal business dialogue for diversity through the communication of the I&D strategy and the facilitation of learning opportunities. You'll also act as a spokesperson for the ongoing integration of I&D work.
- Provide counsel to Inclusiveness Resource Teams (IRTs), the I&D Council, multiple business partners, and employees.
- Assist in the identification of process improvement opportunities, practices, and implementation.
- Serve as a key liaison to and provide governance and direction for Herman Miller's Global IRTs to advance I&D across the enterprise.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Diversity Studies, Employee Relations, Business, or a related field.
- Five to seven years of experience with progressive responsibility in various areas of Diversity and Human Resources, including project and/or program management.
- Experience in a global corporate environment and a certification in Diversity and Inclusion (preferred).
- A demonstrated ability to lead others and influence change through the application of well-developed collaboration and consensus building skills.
- The ability to create and sustain effective relationships at all levels of the organization, as well as the ability to work effectively with people across all dimensions of diversity with a demonstrated sensitivity to, understanding of, and appreciation for diverse cultures and individual attributes.
- The ability to be self-directed, innovative, and solutions-focused.
- Superior consultative, problem-solving, and project management skills with a strong ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Successful professional experience concerning issues of integrity and trust and sensitive subjects and data, with a demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- A demonstrated high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to represent Herman Miller effectively in a variety of settings and with diverse communities.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.