Associate Talent Recruiter at Herman Miller
Zeeland, MI | posted: August 31, 2017
You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an Associate Talent Recruiter at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
The Talent Acquisition Team is responsible for all aspects of recruiting at Herman Miller. They play a crucial role in creating exceptional experiences for candidates from the moment they meet Herman Miller throughout their hiring journey. Through ownership and influence of the recruitment process, this team makes sure that the right talent is place in the right role at the right time.
As an Associate Talent Recruiter, you'll be responsible for coordinating college recruiting events, including career fairs, classroom presentations, office tours, etc. You will manage the recruitment process for entry level hiring, including sourcing, interviewing, assessing skills, and evaluating candidates. You'll also conduct activities with other team members to support interviews and assessments for professional level positions.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
* Conduct research for the Talent Acquisition Team by generating names of potential candidates for specified searches for exempt and nonexempt requisitions.
* Coordinate participation in and represent Herman Miller at job fairs and college and industry events in relation to attracting talent to the organization.
* Interview, assess, and close candidates for your assigned requisitions while supporting Herman Miller's diversity, affirmative action, and equal employment opportunity goals.
* Partner with hiring managers and People Services Consultants to understand the needs for all internships and entry level hiring.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* Take responsibility for coordinating the complete recruitment process for college recruiting, including scheduling and attending career fairs, info sessions, interview days, etc.
* Support and drive the staffing process and strategy for college recruiting and entry level hiring by working closely with the Talent Acquisition Team to anticipate current and future openings.
* Support the Talent Acquisition Team by conducting phone interviews to assess job and cultural fit for open and anticipated positions.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we re looking for if you have...
* A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources (HR), Sales, Business, or a related field, or related professional experience.
* One to two years of professional level experience as a Recruiter or HR Generalist.
* A demonstrated understanding of recruiting techniques, processes, current market practices, and the legal framework in which activities are conducted.
* Internship experience in Recruitment/Human Resources, including the development and implementation of search strategies. Experience in conducting professional behavioral based interviews is preferred.
* A passion for and experience with identifying, screening, interviewing, and closing candidates.
* A work style that demonstrates effective strategic thinking, problem-solving, and oral, written, and persuasive communication skills.
* The ability to meet measurements of success for Talent Acquisition such as client satisfaction, diversity recruitment goals, time-to-fill goals, etc.
* A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller office environment.
* The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.Apply Now!