Bilingual Health and Safety Instructor at American Red Cross
Chicago, IL | posted: September 12, 2017
The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We help increase the preparedness of our communities by offering courses in First Aid, CPR/AED, Babysitter’s Training, Lifeguard Training, Certified Nurse Aid Training and other certification courses. American Red Cross Health and Safety instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to 12 million people each year in businesses, schools and communities.
The American Red Cross of Illinois is currently seeking a part-time Health & Safety Instructor in Chicago. This is a part-time position working 20-34 hours per week, and the position is benefits eligible. Viable candidates must be bilingual (Spanish/English) and available 3-4 full days per week including weekends.
The Health and Safety Instructor’s primary responsibility is to present American Red Cross classes to community groups at the American Red Cross building and/or at community or corporate sites. This position is responsible for providing high quality, superior instruction, providing necessary reports and managing/cleaning equipment in their possession or under their delegated responsibility.
• Current certification to be an instructor in discipline desired to instruct. Credentialing as required by state law for course to be taught or administered.
• Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner.
• Bilingual: English and Spanish fluency
• Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED), college degree preferred.
• Current Driver’s License. Access to transportation to instruction sites.
• Work in education or service industry is a plus, but not required.
• Basic computer/typing skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs. Ability to use online, web-based technology to submit payroll time-card, course related training documents and for regular communication.
• Flexible schedule available - opportunities available during the day, evening or weekends
• Ability to travel within a 60 mile radius of Chicago, up to 50-75%.
Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. May be required to travel to sites throughout the Red Cross organization. May require the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. May include sitting for long periods of time and working under challenging conditions.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.Apply Now!