Director, Diversity & Inclusion at Activison
Santa Monica, CA | posted: January 30, 2018
Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500, is the worldʹs most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activisionʹs Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzardʹs World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and Kingʹs Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. The company is one of the Fortune ʺ100 Best Companies to Work For®ʺ. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be found on the companyʹs website, www.activisionblizzard.com
The Director, Diversity and Inclusion for Activision Blizzard is a newly established role to lead and execute our enterprise wide diversity and inclusion strategy.
This position reports to the VP of HR Operations and Effectiveness and collaborates with the Chief People Officer, HR Leadership team, Activision Blizzard Executive team, HR business partners, and business leaders across the organization.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
- Continuously evolve and deliver against the company’s diversity and inclusion strategy to establish Activision Blizzard as an industry role model
- Establish and lead an Executive Diversity and Inclusion Council to collect input on strategic direction, establish action plans, set company-wide goals and establish metrics to monitor progress
- Develop inclusive leadership mindset and capabilities through learning initiatives and toolkits and establish an inclusive learning program for all levels of employees
- Establish and cultivate an employee resource group infrastructure that drives positive impacts for individual members and the organization as a whole
- Collaborate with HR business partners, comp/benefits, talent acquisition and talent development functions to embed diversity strategies into all programs and activities in the talent lifecycle
- Partner with the Communications team to build and execute ongoing stakeholder management and communication plans to engage stakeholders effectively and share the right messages at the right time
- Lead ongoing initiatives to celebrate cultural diversity as an organization
- Identify opportunities for community partnerships with organizations and groups that reflect our diversity and inclusion strategy
- Lead an enterprise wide diversity working group with D&I professionals from each of the company’s business units to collaborate on programs across the broader enterprise
If you are the right fit for this position, you seek opportunities to design from the “ground up”. You are both strategic and “hands on” with the ability to flex appropriately. You get excited about navigating complexity and the nebulous. You are skilled at providing valuable counsel and passionate about growing and developing our people. You are aspirational but also realistic. You are committed to helping Activision Blizzard be a workplace where everyone belongs and together creates the next generation of entertainment and fun for ALL.
- 10+ years of experience successfully building global diversity and inclusion strategies and leading key diversity related initiatives (preferably in entertainment, technology or gaming industry). Relevant experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated success in using data/insights to develop and evolve diversity strategies and programs
- Track record of meeting or exceeding diversity related goals at a global organization
- Ability to influence and drive action at all levels of the organization (including top executives)
- Ability to collaborate across business units with diplomacy and build strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure initiatives are aligned
- Strong communication skills with ability to tell stories, deliver compelling messages, and clearly articulate a vision
- Exemplary project management skills with ability to oversee and deliver across multiple tasks and deadlines
- BA or BS from an accredited institution required
Activision Blizzard is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivaled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.Apply Now!