Diversity & Inclusion Communications Director at Nike
Beaverton, OR | posted: September 21, 2018
At Nike, we value every voice and each person to bring their skills and passion to work together as a team. We also believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to an environment that is empowering and inclusive
As a result, we are hiring a Diversity & Inclusion Communications Director reporting directly into to Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer.
This role will develop a strategic communications plan to support our Diversity & Inclusion programs and vision.Additionally, the Director of D&I Communications will lead integrated narrative and story-telling , support and elevate the voice and programs of our networks and work with our key external partners on communications opportunities.
The Director must be able to generate new ideas and lead and persuade others in a highly matrixed, creative environment. In this role, it is essential to drive alignment across different business functions, think quickly and act decisively in a fast-paced environment while responding to continuous shifts across the business.
This position requires understanding nuanced communications and being an excellent relationship manager to constituents across multiple business units and functions. This leader must be sensitive to the needs of various diverse communities within and across Nike.
- Lead development of an integrated Diversity & Inclusion communication strategy in partnership with Internal and Corporate Communications, Diversity & Inclusion Team and HR that engages and delivers against Nike’s global agenda of engaging, inspiring and empowering Nike, Inc. employees, while amplifying the work of D&I as a function by aligning diversity with Nike’s business goals.
- Assess audiences to establish appropriate communication channels and develop content to meet different needs for Diversity & Inclusion related communications.
- Act as a strategic advisor and subject matter expert to Sr. Leaders on appropriate channels and content.
- Collaborate with Employee Networks to effectively capture and communicate initiatives that they lead and develop.
- Ability to work across a wide spectrum of constituencies and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, as well as manage and support external communications where appropriate working closely with global corporate communications.
- Develop messaging and communications that are tailored to the audience and written in simple to understand, relatable, and authentic way
- Continuously challenge the messaging and channels to keep content fresh
- Champion new, creative ideas through well structured, well-supported, and clearly articulated points of view
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, HR, Business or a related field
- 2 years’ additional experience in lieu of a degree
- 8 years’ professional work experience
- Ability to influence and drive positive change as an effective business partner
- Skilled in organizational consulting
- Strong presentation and communication skills