Global Diversity & Inclusion Intern at Lockheed Martin
Bethesda, MD | posted: April 22, 2018
This internship will support the Global Diversity & Inclusion (GD&I) Team for Enterprise Operations (EO). This position reports to the Senior Manager for GD&I in EO and will have visibility across the Lockheed Martin EO Human Resources (HR) organization as well as the opportunity to work and interface with HR business partners, employee resource groups (ERGs), and the EO Inclusion Council.
Work Assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate and engage with GD&I staff, ERGs, HR staff, information technology (IT) staff, and internal stakeholders on GD&I programs and projects.
- Perform program support and communications functions for GD&I projects and initiatives related to diversity and inclusion (D&I), including training and education, employee mentoring, external awards, and affirmative action programs.
- Support internal and external corporate D&I activities, events, and related efforts to attract, retain, and develop a diverse pipeline of talent.
- Perform research and benchmarking of best practices in D&I within industry, nationally, and globally, to develop content for new training and other GD&I program initiatives.
- Perform data analyses and recommend metrics for measuring D&I progress.
- Develop, customize, manage databases, on-line registration systems, and related IT systems to track participation and activity related to D&I projects.
- Assist in the design, develop, and delivery of training, outreach materials and resources.
- Write articles, narrative reports, and other written material in support of GD&I programs.
- Assist in maintaining and updating content on the GD&I website and Share Point sites
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Candidates must be a student in good standing pursuing a degree in a Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related discipline (Organizational Development/Psychology, Labor Relations, etc.) with coursework in equal employment opportunity or diversity and inclusion management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Expertise with using IT/software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Expertise in database management; web management; Share Point systems
- Ability to solve complex problems with creative solutions
- Ability to anticipate outcomes and develop strategies to drive specific outcomes
- Strong analytical, research, and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Project management and event planning experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Experience in branding, marketing, and promoting internal and external programs/events
- Problem solver/solution focused
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to develop mutually effective relationships with leaders, peers, and external stakeholders to achieve results
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive documents and information
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint; database management; web design/ management
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now!