Manager, Talent & Culture at NBCUniversal
New York, NY | posted: November 27, 2017
This newly created Manager of Talent & Culture will help drive and execute on our talent strategies across the NBCUniversal Ad Sales Portfolio. S/he will partner with Human Resources (HR), Talent Acquisition, Talent Lab, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), business leaders and other internal teams to understand the talent landscape.
Additionally, this role will collaborate with HR to develop, manage, and execute programs and initiatives to grow our high potential talent population. This role will play an integral role to shape and influence the Ad Sales culture. S/he will spend time in the marketplace to meet new talent and build relationships to attract the best talent into the Ad Sales organization. The ideal candidate will bring a healthy mix of strategic thinking, creativity, and executional excellence to the role.
The position reports to the Senior Director, Talent Management & Human Resources, and is based in New York City.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Help drive and support longer term strategies and implementation plans for evolving a more inclusive culture and increasing the representation and advancement of high performing diverse talent across the Ad Sales organization.
• Partner with the Corporate Diversity & Inclusion team and NBCU’s internal Employee Resource Groups to design and execute creative ways to attract, retain, and promote our high potential talent.
• Identify, evaluate, and maintain relationships with external organizations that create a pipeline of talent for Ad Sales and that align with our talent management priorities.
• Internally partner with HR leaders to identify and develop relationships, and help showcase existing high potential talent across the NBCU Ad Sales portfolio. Externally build relationships with high performing talent within the media industry and beyond to create a pipeline of talent ready to join NBCUniversal.
• Develop and execute on a communication plan that drives our talent narrative and be able to deliver the narrative through creative executions.
• Collaborate with the HR teams to evaluate the effectiveness of talent management strategies and to identify broad organizational opportunities for high-potentials to gain exposure to the broader organization.
• Help support candidate slates across the portfolio in conjunction with the HR team to ensure there is a diverse mix of internal and external candidates in the talent pool to select from. Act as a liaison between Ad Sales and talent in the marketplace by making meaningful connections with external talent throughout the year.
• Build a calendar of industry events and create opportunities where Ad Sales Executives and high performing talent can be present to promote the diverse careers available at NBCU Ad Sales (panels/speaking engagements/internal events). Focus on creating strategic and effective opportunities to attract and retain top talent.
• Regularly meet with high potential employees. Work to identify and develop individual learning initiatives that effectively focus on achievement of both business and personal career goals for these employees.
• Partner with the Talent Lab to conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessments, as appropriate. Use a variety of tools to help drive the learning plan for internal high potential employees.
• Understand the emerging demographics with the talent base that follows Millennials (e.g. Gen Z). Design workplace strategies to attract, develop, and retain a dynamic and multi-generational workforce.
• Regularly measure, analyze and report recruiting efforts and diversity and inclusion progress (Engagement survey, demographic data, focus groups, etc.), highlighting areas of strength and areas that need development, and identify action steps to improve areas of opportunity. Establish metrics that measure the effectiveness of talent initiatives and programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree, required
• 5+ years of work experience within a matrix environment and executing diversity and/or talent programs
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:37431BR)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Excellent written, oral and positive influential interpersonal skills
• Understand/have experience working in an Ad Sales environment
• A deep commitment to diversity and inclusion as a key driver to business success
• Proven background in communicating and influencing a wide variety of internal stakeholders resulting in mutually beneficial outcomes
• Results-oriented and "hands-on" approach
• Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be a problem solver and be able to work independently
• Ability to travel to other offices and locations as required
• Strong project management skills
• Solid knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Comfortable with data analysis and the ability to see where Diversity & Inclusion issues and initiatives intersect with other HR practices