Sales Account Executive at NBCUniversal
Chicago, Illinoid | posted: August 29, 2017
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
- Position the Hispanic market opportunity across various categories to generate demand for Telemundo Chicago.
- Prospect new business, client research, customer needs analysis and securing the client meeting are an essential part of the job.
- Create customized solutions through a multi-platform sales portfolio for existing and new advertisers to help grow their business and secure repeat business.
- Present customized solutions in an accurate and comprehensive manner that positions Telemundo Chicago as the best choice for reaching the Hispanic market.
- Maintain an accurate sales forecast and sales pipeline to review with management weekly
- Establish and maintain strong client relationship and work to achieve a preferred partner status.
- Merchandise the station in written and verbal communications to position our strengths within the marketplace.
- Participate on team and station projects, as well as special sales and community events.
- Maintain a current knowledge of ratings, programs and competitive conditions in the Chicago advertising market, always maintaining knowledge of current industry trends.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in television sales or other area of Media Sales including prospecting new clients and negotiating business proposals and successfully closing deals
- Experience presenting Scarborough, Polk and Kantar research data
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and be available some evening hours as needed for client or station events
- Ability to create impressive sales presentations with expert knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must own a personal vehicle and have a valid driver’s license to fulfill the duties required of the sales job
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered for this position
- Bilingual skills preferred – Spanish/English
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Able to handle working under the pressure of deadlines and revenue goals
- Be effectively aggressive and possess positive work ethics
- Ability to work effectively with others on the Sales team and all levels of station employees and management within a multi-cultural environment
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with forecast software (Sales Force) & traffic systems (Wide Orbit)
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; strong leadership and organization skills; detail-oriented and trust-worthy with confidential and sensitive information
- Knowledge of Nielsen ratings/ shares
- Self-directed with proven ability to execute and multi-task on a regular basis with little direction