Senior Director Diversity & Inclusion at Northwestern Mutual
Milwaukee, WI | posted: October 23, 2018
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
The Sr. Director of Diversity and Inclusion leads the development and implementation of forward-looking workforce diversity and inclusion strategies to help drive Northwestern Mutual’s business results and transformational objectives.
- Leveraging data to demonstrate and measure progress/results, this senior leader role will provide D&I insights and counsel to inform business decisions of top company leadership.
- Maturing Employee Resource Group (ERG) strategies and leveraging the expertise of the D&I team, the Sr. Director will create meaningful impact that helps Northwestern Mutual attract, develop, retain, and engage a diverse workforce while building D&I leadership capabilities throughout the enterprise.
- With a proven track record as an influential leader, the Sr. Director will be a brand ambassador – both internally and externally – who ensures that D&I is strategically aligned to deliver valued business outcomes.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, marketing or related field.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years experience in Human Resources to include corporate diversity programs.
- Proven track record of leadership and the ability to effectively influence outcomes in a diplomatic and motivational manner.
- Excellent ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels in order to advance strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated results in organization assessment, strategic planning, development and systematic implementation of diversity initiatives that have positively impacted organizations.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to analyze data and provide metrics tied to specific business outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to build rapport gain acceptance at all levels in the home office, field and strategic partners.
- Proven ability to communicate sensitive issues effectively
- Significant experience and expertise on the measurements, communications and emerging trends in the diversity field.
- Ability to think strategically as well as tactically.
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets to accomplish business objectives.