Senior Manager- Diversity & Inclusion at The Boeing Company
Chicago, IL | posted: July 5, 2018
Boeing Global Diversity & Inclusion has an opening for a Senior Manager of Diversity & Inclusion supporting Boeing Corporate offices. The Corporate function supports Enterprise Core Organizations and nine Boeing corporate functions: Boeing Capital Corporation and Finance, Communications, Human Resources, Government Operations, Law, Information and Technology and Data Analytics, Engineering, Test and Technology, General Management/Program Management, the Office of Internal Governance and Administration, and Supply Chain and Operations. This position will lead a team that is responsible for influencing the culture to create a more inclusive workplace. Demonstrating an understanding of the issues and dynamics of difference and possess a strong commitment to enhancing multicultural understanding in the workplace, including a focus on women and underrepresented groups.
The successful candidate will drive the execution of the global diversity & inclusion strategy in Corporate with HR, functional & business leaders, diversity councils and business resource groups.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Partners with HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Excellence, Comp & Benefits, Talent, Employee Relations/Labor Relations, and business leaders to operationalize and embed diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the global business strategy for growth, success, and sustainability.
- Develops and implements innovative diversity, engagement, and inclusion tools and development programs to accelerate and enhance the awareness and competencies of managers and employees.
- Collaborates and works successfully with multiple constituents to deliver diversity and inclusion strategy and ensure progress on programs and initiatives.
- Counsels and offers diversity and inclusion support to ensure inclusion is embedded into the business operations and the workplace to position the business to win.
- Researches & identifies best practices and emerging trends in diversity and utilizes those findings to inform decisions and strategy.
- Develops unique programs or communications strategies to promote diversity, and assesses the outcomes of those initiatives with a particular focus on their impact to recruitment and retention.
- Monitors the success and impact of diversity and inclusion initiatives by designing and monitoring various company-wide metrics.
- Lead a team that facilitates and manages the implementation of diversity and inclusion strategies and goals, produces tool kits and conducts training to enhance the workforce cultural competency.
- Provides advice, oversight and support as is necessary for successful implementation of all diversity and inclusion programs and policies in alignment with the business.
- Influences leaders across the organization to visibly align with, support and execute tangible outcomes to improve workforce representation against company goals.
- Benchmarks diversity programs and external initiatives and communicates best practices.
- Pursues and establishes and builds upon mutually beneficial collaborations with professional associations. Serves as a primary resource and expert to HR, Diversity Councils and Business Resource Groups for Boeing Global Services.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Influences culture change and mindset shifts to create a more inclusive workplace.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the issues and dynamics of difference and possess a strong commitment to enhancing multicultural understanding in the workplace.
- Participates and/or leads cross functional, cross discipline teams as directed.
- Collaborates with peers in Global Diversity and Inclusion for the successful execution of the enterprise global diversity & inclusion and to implement process improvements and the governance of diversity & inclusion programs, practices and policies.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. The top U.S. exporter, Boeing supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance based logistics and training. With corporate offices in Chicago, Boeing employs 148,000 people across the United States and in more than 65 countries. In addition, our enterprise leverages the talents of skilled people working for Boeing suppliers worldwide, including 1.5 million people at 13,600 U.S. companies.
At Boeing, our mission and purpose is to connect, protect, explore and inspire the world through aerospace innovation.Apply Now!