Supplier Diversity Specialist at Merck
Whitehouse Station, NJ | posted: January 28, 2019
- Manage Tier 2 Program and respond to Tier 2 customer requests/reporting
- Manage 3rd party supplier management registration portal and oversee management of relationship and support data enrichment & cleanse processes. Role includes management of certification processes and certification validations (i.e., small business affidavits). Role will also support leveraging tool for global market use.
- Support execution of annual Small Business Justification and Subcontracting Plan. Includes preparation for audit when required.
- Ensure all supplier diversity materials and communications meet rigorous brand standards when marketing and promoting the program internally and externally.
- Perform EI&SD Data Validation and Reporting, including supplier conditioning
- Develop and update Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity reports and dashboards
- Perform relevant internal Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity presentations
- Act as steward for internal Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity Sync site and external Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity site, including maintenance and tracking of Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity eLearning
- Manage Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity events, including Merck’s Economic Impact Summit, and logistics (pre-conference calls, registrations, payments, booth locations, booth & brochure updates, promotional items, etc.). Attend and participate in workshops, trainings, best practices, etc. as required
- Complete Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity and corporate surveys and award applications
- Assist with handling correspondence and calls from vendors/suppliers as appropriate and educate them on Merck’s supplier diversity program and processes
- Conduct ongoing continuous process improvement and operational excellence
- Support coordination of efforts with Global Diversity & Inclusion and Merck Employee Business Resource Groups
- Bachelor Degree Required; Advanced Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 2 years business experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization, problem solving and influencing skills are also required.
- Must be adaptable in dealing with ambiguous and complex environments.
- Expertise in analyzing data, establishing trends, project management and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Adaptability in dealing with ambiguous and complex environments
- Able to effectively lead work within diverse cross functional teams to achieve customer, department, and company goals
- A minimum of 1 years in Supplier Diversity and/or Sourcing experience
- Experience in navigating through highly complex organizations
- Global Supplier Diversity and Tier 2 process experience
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected].