The National Hispanic Corporate Council (NHCC), the premiere resource for corporate America on maximizing the Hispanic market opportunity hosted its 2016 NHCC Midwest Regional Forum on Tuesday, November 1, 2016 in Chicago, IL from 11:30 am - 7:30 pm. This platform served managers, director, and executives to become an important corporate supporter of this event, which aims to bring together a select group of Fortune 1000 executives from local Chicago area and Midwest region to experience first-hand the corporate impact of NHCC.
The 2016 NHCC Midwest Regional Forum brought together subject matter experts in the areas of human resources, marketing, supplier diversity, and community relations within the foundation of corporate social responsibility. Our goal is to provide our membership with the latest corporate best practices on maximizing the Hispanic market opportunity. For more information on NHCC, please visit our website at www.nhcchq.org.
As the inaugural NHCC Regional Forum, this event presented an excellent corporate sponsorship opportunity for your company to bring together Fortune 1000 corporate professionals for three professional development sessions followed by a networking reception. The Mid-America Club at The Aon Building (200 E. Randolph, 80th Floor) serve as the venue for this event.
- Networking Lunch
- Welcome Remarks
- Octavio Hinojosa-Mier, Executive Director, NHCC
- Opening Keynote Presentation
- Abe Carrillo, NHCC Chair-Elect & Director, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Herman Miller, Inc.
- Omar Duque, President & CEO, Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Session A – Supplier Diversity: “Unlocking Access to New Technologies, Products and Markets"
- Tarun Puri, Director, Procurement Advisory, The Hackett Group
- Panel discussion featuring:
- Phillip Barreda, Executive Vice President, Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council (CMSDC) (Moderator)
- Lamont Robinson, Vice President, Supplier Diversity, Nielsen
- Ruby McCleary, Director, Supplier Diversity, United Airlines
- Session B – Human Resources : "Herman Miller Academy – Model for Employer and School Partnerships"
- Alison Freas, Manager, Academy Program, Herman Miller, Inc.
- Session C – Community Relations: “El Poder en Ti,” A Comprehensive Community Initiative Aimed at Empowering Latinos in Key Areas of Education, Health, and Finance"
- Vanessa Garcia, Manager, Community Affairs, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
- Closing Keynote Presentations
- Diana Alvarez, Senior Occupational Health Manager, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Networking Reception